Vagrant for Friendica Developers
Vagrant is a virtualization solution for developers.
No need to setup up a webserver, database etc. before actually starting.
Vagrant creates a virtual machine (an Ubuntu 14.04) for you that you can just run inside VirtualBox and start to work directly on Friendica.
What you need to do:
- Install VirtualBox and vagrant.
Please use an up-to-date vagrant version from https://www.vagrantup.com/downloads.html.
- Git clone your Friendica repository.
Inside, you'll find a "Vagrantfile" and some scripts in the utils folder.
- Run "vagrant up" from inside the friendica clone.
Be patient: When it runs for the first time, it downloads an Ubuntu Server image.
- Run "vagrant ssh" to log into the virtual machine to log in to the VM.
- Open 192.168.22.10 in a browser.
The mysql database is called "friendica", the mysql user and password both are "root".
- Work on Friendica's code in your git clone on your machine (not in the VM).
Your local working directory is set up as a shared directory with the VM (/vagrant).
- Check the changes in your browser in the VM.
Debug via the "vagrant ssh" login.
Find the Friendica log file /vagrant/logfile.out.
- Commit and push your changes directly back to Github.
If you want to stop vagrant after finishing your work, run the following command
$> vagrant halt
in the development directory.
The vagrant Friendica instance contains a test database.
You will then have the following accounts to login:
- admin, password admin
- friendica1, password friendica1
- friendica2, password friendica2 and so on until friendica5
- friendica1 is connected to all others. friendica1 has two groups: group1 with friendica2 and friendica4, group2 with friendica3 and friendica5.
- friendica2 and friendica3 are conntected. friendica4 and friendica5 are connected.
For further documentation of vagrant, please see the vagrantdocs.
If you already had an Ubuntu 12.04 Vagrant VM, please run
$> vagrant destroy
before starting the new 14.04 machine.
Help us to cover the server costs for snarl.de